Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Canvases

 This is an old collaboration (above) I did with my friend West for our friend Maggie. I call it "The BeatBot". There are a few spots that i never got a chance to touch up so it looks a little sloppy in the photo, but in real life it looks pretty awesome.
 This one is one of my favorites (above) "Super Faded as always" SFk represent!
 This is a newer painting (above) I did for an art show at Living Dead Tattoo. Complete with 3D pop-up mushrooms and textured writing. I Like the character on it a lot, but the rest of it is kinda boring so I will probably add to it eventually. I will upload a close-up of the character too, because this picture didn't come out that great.
I have been working on this one (above) for the past 7 years on and off. It started out really plain and boring, but as the years have passed, I have added all kinds of stuff. I tried to capture the essence of what graffiti really is the way I layered it so many times, and overlapped certain parts just like the way we do it on walls. Even if i liked what was there before, I still covered it up with something else because all graffiti is temporary. We can spend 3 hours painting a wall, and 1 week later it's gone, but that doesn't stop us from doing it again. That's just part of writing graffiti...I've done pieces that I put lots of hours into and spent a ton of money on supplies, but even if it gets crossed out or covered up, I'm not too pissed about it, because I did it for myself and no one else and the fact still remains that I did it. Even if no one can see it any more, I still know it was there, how beautiful it was, and what it took for me to accomplish it. That means more to me than the respect or recognition that I would get for it. Anyway I do that in all of my paintings, but this one is special since I constantly add to it and every piece that I add has a story behind it. I don't know if it will ever truly be "finished", but I like how it's looking right now and I can't think of anything else to do to it....yet. Oh, and all my paintings are for sale, so contact me if you are interested in buying one, or commissioning a painting. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. fuck yeah man represent! it blows my mind that you do such sick graff work and then you pull out bomb traditional media shit like that cabin in the other post. keep it up man i like where your blog is going

    ReplyDelete